On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 19:42:59 EDT
> Rich Payne said:
>
> >> I know the kernel also needs "autodetection" enabled, however I can't
> >> seem to find that option in the kernel config.  Anyone know where
> >> that is?
> >> --
> >It used to be that you had to apply the RAID patches in order to get
> >auto-detection. That may still be true, what does the Software-RAID HOWTO
> >have to say on this?
>
> I can't seem to find any mention of the auto-detection option in the
> HOWTO.  Of course, this HOWTO is 2 years old, not having been updated
> since January of 2000, so I don't know if it's overly relevant or
> accurate anymore.

If you're going to make claims like that you need to at least read the
HOWTO :)

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/Software-RAID-HOWTO.html#ss4.10

Though I admit it doesn't help much in terms of kernel specifics. Perhaps
this is now the default in the kernel if you compile in raid. Worth a try
I suppose....

--rdp

--
Rich Payne