On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, at 9:50am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I just updated the kernel on my (Red Hat 6.2) laptop. The only kernel
> packages needing updating were kernel, kernel-pcmcia-cs, and kernel-utils.
> I did them, rewrote lilo, reran lilo, then rebooted.

> Starting PCMCIA services:
> modules/lib/modules/2.2.22-6.2.2/pcmcia/pcmcia_core.o: unresolved symbol
> request_mem_region

  This means the system tried to load a kernel module, but it failed,
because the "pcmcia_core" module is requesting some kernel symbols that
cannot be found.  This is almost always a configuration error of some kind,
although it might not be your error (i.e., Red Hat might have screwed up).

  Please post the output of the following commands:

        rpm -qa | grep kernel

        uname -a

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>