On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Travis Roy wrote:
> How well do they work.. Sure they can work and suck, but are they just
> as good as they would be on a windows box.. Also what video card and
> xserver are you running?

Geforce 3 ti200, using the opengl drivers from NVidia, I'm using Xfree86,
on an AMD Athlon 1900.

I'm running WC3 at 1280x1024 and playing on battle.net without any
problems.  Would it be faster under windows?  I dunno - I never tried it
at 1280x1024....  but at 800x600, it's exactly the same.

Adobe seems a little slower maybe, when I run filters on images, but it's
close enough that I could care less

MS Office - I actaully think this might run faster, believe it or not

Total Annihilation - same as windows

Diablo II - same as windows

Now, note - I did run into some minor problems, like I had to figure out
that in RH8.0, the transgaming config file needed a definition for my CD
rom, but once I had that in there, no problems.  It's not going to run
just like windows - it isn't windows.  Don't expect it to be.  If it runs
and is useable, you've succeeded... tweak it from there.

Ben

--
Thursday, December 10, 1840: I discover a strange track in
the snow and learn that some migrating otter has made across