Of course, I never quite finished what I meant to say here
(you're probably wondering why I brought up the Xserver in the
first place ... "okay, that's nice to know").

I meant to say that if I can access email from a Linux mail client
and if I can get an Xserver up and running then I will be able to
do the majority of my work from the Linux partition!  I would love
that.  But I need to run certain GUI Java apps to do my job (and
there are some that I will still need to boot into Windows for).

Erik