Hahaha, that's what you get for using a .0 release of RH ;)

Have you booted into just text mode and tried doing an up2date to see if
there's any new packages.. That's what I'd start with. I had a problem
like that with 7.0 (but it wasn't with X it was with something else)

Once you get that all fixed let us know how it is.. I've been wanting to
get around installing it but I just havn't had time to download the ISOs