On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, at 8:10am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[commentary about non-repudiation not being possible on the Internet]
> This was EXACTLY my point as to why GPG/PGP for signing email is currently
> flawed the way it works now.

  No, it is not flawed, either, anymore than a wrench is "flawed" because it
makes a lousy screwdriver.  It is solving a different problem.  I repeat:
PGP/GPG allow two parties who trust each other to exchange messages over an
untrusted medium.  Nothing more, and nothing less.  If you assume it
provides something else, the flaw is with your understanding, not with
PGP/GPG.  :-)

  On today's Internet, achieving non-repudiation is an impossibility.  As
long an unsigned message is acceptable and routine, people can send a
message they can repudiate.

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>