On Sat, 28 Dec 2002, at 9:56pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> They do provide one-way non-repudiation... in the case the mail was
> signed.

  That is rather missing the point.  The reason non-repudiation is desired
is that it means one cannot say, "I never sent that."  Discretionary signing
means one has the option of saying that.  Thus, it defeats the purpose.
Rather like a parachute, non-repudiation is only trustworthy if it always
works.

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>