Quoting Ben Boulanger's email of Sat, 29 Mar 2003 09:23:55 -0500 (EST):

> If AOL says 'no
> direct mail from this IP Space' because there's a known issue with it, I
> think they're doing the right thing.  To ignore the problem only makes it
> worse.

I believe this has more to do the business war between AOL and Comcast.
And the current war against spam is providing an opportunity for the big
guys to be naughty. (There will always be a few naughty "little guys").

Last time I checked, Comcast's "business" rate is more than twice their
residential rate yet still suffers from the same "no server" restrictions
- they force you to use their SMTP and web servers, and still won't
provide static IP addresses. So that's not a viable option for small
organizations that want to preserve their network identity.

The bottom line is that there's still not enough competition - at least
not at the tiers close to the consumer and small business organization.
And current government trends would indicate that local competition won't
happen in the forseeable future either. Sigh.

I'm getting sick and tired of the big guys feeding off me to fund their
efforts to control what I can do. I just want to live my life the way I
want to - not the way they want me to!