Quoting Derek Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >   YOU are not in PRISON.  They are saying, they aren't going to accept
pizza
> > deliver requests to your address.
> No, they're not.  It's more like they're saying they're not going to
> accept delivery requests to my COUNTY.  SO WHAT if I'm not in prison?
> You seem to think prison is the only way to punish somoene.

  No, but you make it seem that way.  Something you want too do is being
stopped by a company.  AOL isnt punishing you for living there.  They're just
saying 'This is our network, you wanna talk to us, use the proper channels.

> >   UPS does this, if you recall.  A residential address with too many
> claims
> > filed when drivers leave packages..
> Flawed analogy.  You're talking about one address, when there's no one
> home to accept delivery, the driver doesn't leave the package.  In the
> IP world, this is not a problem.  Delivery is always accepted, or it
> will be retried.  The only exception is when the server goes away,
> analogous to the house being demolished...  In the case where someone
> is home, UPS delivers the package.  Every time.

I'm not talking about the package, really.  I'm saying that in general, SMTP
is blind.  It has NO method of acking the mail, or verifying its addresses,
both too, from, bcc, etc..  So, no way to validate if someones home.  I know
it's bad, but it just came to mind.  UPS has this right, basically, so does
Comcast and AOL to do what they're doing..

> > True.  But ignoring a block of IPs from SMTP trafic isn't propetuating
this
> > whatsoever.
> How does that help the consumer?

  Where in their service agreement did they say they where there to help you?
They are there to get paid off of a service.  Their services, both AOLs AND
Comcast, allow them to do whatever they want.  This is what happens when you
are unregulated.  There is no law stating what you NEED to provide.

> >   Yes.  I just heard about a corp raid on some DSL providers
> headquarters.
> > Good thing they had a really good decker to disable their security
> systems so
> > they could get in.

> That's all amusing, but not terrribly useful.  Businesses fight wars
> with laws and with money.  The Telecoms have been doing a very
> effective job.

  I know, I did do it for amusingment factors.

  But hey, dont like it?

  Go start your own, Derek, it's a free country..

--
Thomas Charron
-={ Is beadarrach an ni an onair }=-