On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 14:53, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:30:38 CST
> Thomas Charron said:
>
> >  So they shouldnt filter netbios broadcast traffic either, right?  It's not
> >in the TOS..
>
> This argument is a distraction for the sake of argument.  The entire
> discussion thus far has been about filtering the legitimate use of a
> sanctioned protocol used by responsible people.  Throwing in an
> argument about the result of stupid people (whether they know better or
> not) does nothing to furthur the discussion.

Actually, earlier today, Derek claimed that there was no difference
between protocols, and SMTP was no different than FTP. Also stated was
that no one has the right to tell anyone what protocol then can or can't
use. There are legitimate reasons for blocking certain protocols.
Usually, those reasons have to do with protecting the network as a
whole.  So, if it's OK to block one protocol, why not another protocol?
It sounds like protocol profiling to me.... ;-)

C-Ya,
Kenny

"Tact is just *not* saying true stuff" -- Cordelia Chase

Kenneth E. Lussier
Sr. Systems Administrator
Zuken, USA
PGP KeyID CB254DD0