Kevin D. Clark wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Oh yeah, which is there, and it's an external command. Though it happens to be a 'csh' script, which is most likely the problem!

Personally, as somebody who tries to use csh-derived shells as little
as possible, and as somebody who uses many different Unices, I never
use "which".  I reason that since which tends to read .cshrc files
to determine the PATH, that the output of which is never as reliable
as I could get via other methods.  I'd hate to let an old, unused
.cshrc file lead me to bad information.

I never thought of that. I use which all the time just to see where things are. Guess I'll have to try to break that habit and get into using "type".

Erik