On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 16:49, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >>   What have you changed since you last successfully booted the machine?
> >
> > Nothing.
>
>   "Then it works just like it did before, doesn't it?"  :-)
>
>   *Something* must have changed.  While it is certainly possible that a
> hardware failure is to blame, are you absolutely, positively sure *nothing*
> has changed?  Software upgrades (possibly due to an auto-update process like
> Red Hat Network)?  Software configuration changes?  Moved some important
> file?  Anything?

Yesterday I restarted it because it was having trouble restarting
apache.  It kept telling me that the port was already in use.  Rebooting
solved it.  It ran overnight until today about 3PM.  At the login prompt
I would type a username, hit enter, and the username would disappear.
Over and over.  I could not login, so I hit reset.  Oops!

It's the truth your honor, I swear!  :-)