On Tue, 3 Jun 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 12:49:57 EDT
> "Lee D. Rothstein" said:
>
> >>Are you sure you're using the Gnu 'cp'?
> >>My Debian man page has it mentioned and
> >>it seems to work for me.
> >
> >==
> >
> >No stinkin '--reply' option for:
> >================================
> >
> >cp, on Redhat:
> >--------------
> >$ cp --version
> >cp (fileutils) 4.1
> >
> >cp, on Cygwin:
> >--------------
> >$ cp --version
> >cp (fileutils) 4.1
>

> Hmmmm:
>
> $ cp --version
> cp (fileutils) 4.1.9
> Written by Torbjorn Granlund, David MacKenzie, and Jim Meyering.
>

> Maybe this option is new in 4.1.9 and those systems haven't upgraded yet?

Could be ...

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ cp --version
cp (fileutils) 4.1.11
Written by Torbjorn Granlund, David MacKenzie, and Jim Meyering.

PURPOSE.

>From "man cp" on this (Mandrake 9.0) box:

      --reply={yes,no,query}
              specify  how  to handle the prompt about an existing
              destination file

--
Bill Mullen   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   MA, USA   RLU #270075   MDK 8.1 & 9.0
"Giving money and power to the government is like giving whiskey and