On 3 Jun 2003, at 4:16pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'm looking for a little more magic with a little less regenerating
> httpd.conf.  *grin*

  Question: Why?  How often will your virtual host setup change?

  I agree that generating a config file is not as elegant as pulling it
right from the database, but, from a strictly pragmatic point of view, it
might be the best overall solution.

> I've found something that seemingly does what I want
> (http://www.synthemesc.com/mod_vdbh/) but is only available for Apache
> 2.0.x ... and I'm running 1.3.x right now.

  I think I remember reading that one of the goals with the Apache 2.x
redesign was to make things like what you're talking about easier.

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>