Hardware aka, MARK 13.
Cheated. used the web. google and imdb.com
I could use the extra life.
Kenny

Erik Price wrote:

Michael O'Donnell wrote:

In the page at

http://www.rcn.com/customer/internet_access_agreemnt.php

...can be found this unexpected prohibition:

(m) Scrolling.  You agree not to cause the screen
to "scroll" faster than other subscribers or users
are able to type to it, or any action to a similar
disruptive effect on or through the Access Service.

I think this is just a clumsy attempt to ban certain
anti-social behaviors displayed in certain chat
settings, but I definitely did a double-take when I
first saw it...       (this from a discussion about
RCN on another list, BTW - I'm not an RCN customer)

That just brought back some memories, Michael.

Yep, I think this term originally comes from AOL. When I was a yoot (1994) I had a macro that would post random comments* into the current chat room and was sometimes accused of "scrolling" by the TOS-advisors**. Back then it was five bucks an hour to use AOL at night, and ten bucks an hour during the day!!!

* My favorite was "Get right on down to Reno's for your radiation-free reindeer steaks! Hurry, while stocks last!" (An extra life and 10,000 bonus points awarded to whoever knows what movie this line is from.)

** Terms-of-Service

Erik