Sharpe, Richard wrote:
Erik

        I am a DBA and have been for over 20 years and my all time favorite
RDBMS is DB2 and now especially that it runs on LINUX and that the LINUX
flavor of DB2 is enjoying much attention from IBM, I think it is hands down
better than Oracle.

Thanks for your thoughts Rich. What are some of the things you like about it? One thing I have noticed about DB2 is that it isn't mentioned as often as Oracle/SQLServer/MySQL in the places I tend to frequent online (mailing lists, sites, etc), but as an IBM offering it seems pretty interesting nonetheless.

Erik