  Jerry> First, try to see if you can access your cable modem at
  Jerry> 192.168.100.1.

I found this IP on the web somewhere after googling around.  The
question I have is this, how can I access a network for which I have
no route?

IOW, I have 2 nics, one on my internal LAN, and one for connecting to
the CM. The 'external' NIC is obviously unconfigured, since it's
supposed to be configured using DHCP, which isn't working.

And yes, I've tried manually configuring that NIC to be on the
192.168.100/24 subnet, and that didn't seem to work.
(I'm also *very* disappointed that there's no serial port on these
modems, though, ironically, on my "Digital Cable" set-top box there
is?! :)

I'm beginning to hate ComCast already, and I haven't even *used*
their stuff yet :) (and I thought DSL was the only technology that
had install horror-stories :)

Thanks, I'll try the website :)
--
Seeya,
Paul

GPG Key fingerprint = 1660 FECC 5D21 D286 F853  E808 BB07 9239 53F1 28EE