On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 12:36:56AM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
  plussier> The "PC/Activity" light is flashing an awful lot, but it
  plussier> seems to do this even when the interface is down (I'm
  plussier> assuming this is lowlevel link-layer traffic).

I've also noticed that the Send and Receive lights are solid green.
This doesn't seem right to me, as I'd expect them to flash with traffic. And, since I know there's no traffic, they shouldn't be flashing, or even on.

Of course, I've never used this cable modem before, so maybe they are supposed to be solid all the time.

I have a Motorola SB4200, and the send and receive light are solid green. Only the amber activity light flashes.

BTW, make sure you give the modem plenty of time after you turn it on --
light at least half-an-hour.  I don't know why, but sometime that take
that long to kick in gear.

--
Bob Bell