In a message dated: 15 Oct 2003 12:17:28 EDT
"Kenneth E. Lussier" said:

>Does it actually have to have an IMAP client? Could you just use an
>SSL-enabled web browser on the device to access an SSL web-based mail
>client (such as TWIG/TWIGGI, Squirrel mail, etc.)?

Well, I don't know.  I'd think (though could be wrong) that an actual
IMAP client is faster than an SSL web-based client.  My thinking is that
the IMAP protocol doesn't have to transfer a whole lot of html crap.

My understanding of how the Blackberry works is that mail gets sent to
both your e-mail account and the Blackberry.  Then, some how, you can
sync between the BlackBerry and your desktop mail client.  This
capability is what has been requested, though, I think the use of an
actual IMAP client would be acceptable, since with it, there's no sync
required.

Using a web-based IMAP client might also fit the bill, however, the
current version of that is IMP, and it's just barely better than not
having access to e-mail at all :)

Seeya,
Paul