Sorry for the off-topic post, but both my brother and my parents got burnt by this so I thought I would let all you know so you can inform your family members..

Some guy is setting up a site at various webhosting places and then sending out spam that looks like it's coming from ebay. You enter in your ebay username and password and then click submit and it takes you to another ebay looking page that asks for various info including your account numbers and your paypal password.

The funny thing about this is, the fool is trying to now sell snowmobiles (probably fraud, just wants to get the $4k and run) with my parents stolen ebay account.

Here's some interesting stuff... From the bogus ebay email if you look at the submit line for the form:

<FORM name=3Dsignup onsubmit=3D"return Valid(this)"=20
action=3Dhttp://scgi.ebay.com.saw- cgi.eBayISAPI.dll.RegisterEnterInfo.Reg=
isterConfirmInformation.dll.reenterinformationconfirmationeBayISAPI.dll@ b=
asateras.netfirms.com/ eBayISAPidlldasSKJEDFKJSdsalkepoamncjfdsjKKdsjdxcmn=
zkjsjeLKKLKdsjnxs/ ksjdeISJJSjjISSdlldkDKJlLXcdcawerfDEurERRudsksalfkmcxXX=
lkdmfldll/ LKJDjedssjheflkcgieBaysadkKJEDjdfklluseridLKSKdskdmxskjdeEEdkja=
s7837sdkjd/a.php=20
method=3Dpost>

You can see that's made to look like ebay but it really goes to netfirms.com. This was the one my brother got. The one my parents got was from a different hosting place.

Also, my sister-in-law sent the guy an email about his auction and she got a reply.. here's his header info:

Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 17:34:26 -0800 (PST)
From: JW <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

And finally... here's his auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&category=42597&item=2441935799

We've already contacted ebay, and both my parents and brother are taking action to get their accounts disabled and/or changed. Any help getting this dirtbag would be a big help :)