> I as an independant,
> were I a citizen of NH, could have voted in the primary, and would
> have probably voted for old Al.  Not because I like him, or because I
> even have the feintest notion he might win or make a decent president,
> but simply because it would be one more vote cast and _against_ someone
> whom I'd rather not see as President.
>
> In other words, a vote can be used as much to vote *against* someone
> as to vote *for* someone.  It is our right *and* responsibility to vote.
> Do so.

This is a good point. And I wouldn't really suggest voting for somebody else
that's actually on the ballot. Some guy on the radio on my way home
suggested writing in yourself. If millions of people did that then it would
send a very clear message. That's better then voting for somebody on the
ballot already because you might end up voting some boob in (not that I'm
saying Al is a boob, this goes for any election) that will really screw
things up.

> >no candidate ever keeps their promises.
>
> I would re-phrase this to:
>
>     No candidate is able to keep all of promises made
>     on the campaign trail.

I don't think that it's even possible to do so. They make comprimises to
make everybody happy, or give up one of their campaign promises to get
somebody to vote for another one.

> >I will not vote because I will not contribute to the
> >mass dilusion that my vote is valuable.  My vote is utterly worthless,
> >and so is yours.
> >
> >Yeah, maybe I'm a cynic. Or, maybe I'm just awake...
>
> No, I think you're a cynic and no overly well informed.

Not only that.. Currently the ONLY way to make a change is by voting. In
2000 I voted for Nader, not because I wanted him to be president, but
because I wanted to show that there can be a viable 3rd party.