On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, at 5:17am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

 VBScript and WSH are something else. They're basically a system
 scripting language, just like Perl or Python (and, indeed, you can
 connect both of those to WSH). The luser has to "double click" to
 open the attachment and run the script. That is equally possible
 under Linux.

Actually, it is possible to have VBScript execute automatically without user intervention.
You can code HTML in web pages or emails which does this. Similarly Outlook will still
execute Javascript in emails. (So will Mozilla, but it can be turned off.) If you use certain
file extensions, I believe Internet Explorer would execute WSH code in local user security
(rather than Internet security). I believe there are patches for Internet Explorer and Outlook
to eliminate this behavior, but it did/does exist.

I've gleaned these from security discussions, not personal experience. Most of my clientelle
use Mozilla (or Netscape), which are relatively immune to the more egregious exploits it seems.
--
Dan Jenkins ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Rastech Inc., Bedford, NH, USA --- 1-603-624-7272