[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
<snip>
> BTW, did you hear that Mandrake is being sued because
> the holder of the copyright for the eponymous comic
> strip character claims they'd being harmed if a Linux
> distribution used that name?  I wonder if they know that
> there is also a plant with that name.  (or maybe they do
> know it and they're just trying to figure out which court
> has jurisdiction...)
<snip>

    Actually, I believe they not only sued them, but that they *won*.
Apparently they weren't ordered to immediately change the name, but I would
assume that a change will be forthcoming
(http://www.mandrakesoft.com/company/investors/newsletter/sn040214).  A pity
when a company loses this sort of name-claim suit when they *shouldn't*.

- Dana Tellier
(mostly a lurker with a lot of time on his hands lately thanks to
unemployment...)