bmcculley said:

> I haven't kept up with the current status of this field, but I
> remember when there was an outfit named Zero Knowledge Systems
> establishing something called "Freedom Net" to anonymize net
> access.

The last I knew (per news at The L0pht BBS and HNN, both now morphed into
AtStake) about Zero Knowledge Systems is that they abandonned their
intentions, ie., they no longer exist.  (It was something attributed to the
political climate at the time, though I do not recall the specific issue.)
I, too, was interested in their service.  As I understood it, developement
had only reached the point to where it was required that one must get one's
ISP to offer the service in order to use it as an individual.  I did this
actively, and my ISP was initially interested, then withing that same time
frame, Zero Knowledge went out of business.

I have not, however, attempted lately to see if they have rebirthed.

--
=ksandre=
"Don't panic!"