On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, at 8:52pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> How about a small FAQ specific to GNHLUG for interpreting commonly used
> acronyms on this list?

  http://www.acronymfinder.com/

  Also, I have the following "URL" configured as a link on my Mozilla
"Personal Toolbar".  It should work in just about any JavaScript-enabled
browser.  Watch out for line-wrapping.

javascript:void(q=prompt('Expand:',''));if(q)void(location.replace('http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym='+escape(q)));

  The above technique is often called a "bookmarklet" or "favlet".  A Google
search on those terms can be quite rewarding.

  YMMV.  HTH.  HAND.  ;-)

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>