[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On Mon, 10 May 2004, at 10:53am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Yah, that's what I'm going to have to do.. BLAH.. stupid comcast.

 Get used to it.  More and more ISPs are adding this.  And I cannot say I
entirely disagree with the policy.

Why?

Mail abuse. A great deal of spam and other mail abuse comes from
computers on consumer feeds that are incorrectly configured as a mail relay
(don't ask me how, but it happens more often then you would think), or have
been compromised by some kind of malware and are being used as same. At the
same time, SMTP was designed to move mail between static, well-connected
systems. Hosts on dynamic, consumer feeds do not meet that definition.

My parents are not running any kind of server.

It
makes more sense for such hosts to submit mail to a smart host which can do
the job right.

That is exactly what they are trying to do, send the mail to my server so I can do the job of dealing with their mail.