The thing that really worries me is: A VPN box that is doing things
incorrectly will appear to work just like a VPN box that is doing things
correctly.  Unless you actually try and crack it, you'll never know that it,
say, is using the same session key over and over again.  I would have to say
that I would not trust LinkSys to get a protocol suite as complex as IPsec
right.  It may be that all you're getting is a false sense of security.

This is very true, I had a friend that used a linksys VPN box. Good thing he does very strict security audits once a month. Sniffing the VPN packets resulted in him findind out that even with the linksys box saying that the VPN link was secure, it was not encrypted at ALL.