Steven W. Orr wrote:
You want to disable the identd service. This is done in your firewall. First you disable your identd daemon:

Identd off. No change.

Then you set that port for the identd service to refuse your connection, not drop or allow it. I'm using FIAIF so my config for that port looks like this:

INPUT[5]="REJECT tcp ident 0.0.0.0/0=>0.0.0.0/0"

That may be an idea, but I think it might cause some confusion in the logs. If my hypothesis is right, the auth service is being used to add the username to the logs. This is a Good Thing (tm)

Brian