If you want to see taxes, move to NY.  My brother lives in a house valued
about 1/2 of mine, pays three times the property taxes I do plus a
separate school tax.  Then there's the 8.25% sales tax and the income tax.

And that's upstate NY. It's worse in NYC.

Actually, I believe the state tax is 7%; it's only 8.25% in NYC. The part that REALLY sucks about NYC, though -- and some other states/cities do this, too -- is this: if you're married, work in NYC, and live in (say) New Jersey, and your spouse neither lives nor works in NYC... NYC can still tax your spouse's income!!! This went all the way to the Supreme Court, where it was (to my astonishment) upheld; I would have considered it taxation w/o representation.

On a more Linux-y angle, has anyone tried out Trac (http://trac.edgewall.com/ <http://freshmeat.net/redir/trac/48128/url_homepage/trac.edgewall.com>), a sort of ticket tracker/front end for Subversion. I'm interested in possibly giving it a go, but between Subversion, which I've never set up, and Trac on top of it, it'll be a bit of an investment, and was hoping someone had some input.

Thanks!

-Ken

Taxachusetts indeed.

-Mark