One other small "problem" with access-4-free (etc.) is that they've
got their mail server setup to bounce (sortof) mail that comes from
sites that fail their mail-server's SPF test.

I write "sortof" because the bounce contains instructions as to how to
get the mail forwarded to the original sender.  The bounce is a tiny
bit cryptic but the instructions probably work.  I can think of a few
scenerios in which this scheme might not work so well, including:

   o  the hiring manager who you had hoped would have responded to
      your resume doesn't understand the instructions, so he/she goes
      to the next person (NOT YOU) on his/her list...

   o  this scheme doesn't work for some mailing lists, especially
      lists whose administrators have long since stopped paying
      attention to bounce messages.

access-4-free lost some of my mail, but I caught this quickly and it
turns out that you can turn off this "feature".  Sure, SPF is a good
idea but I'd rather be in control of what happens to my mail.

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E                     And the madness of the crowd
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                     Is an epileptic fit