That's just as secure.  The HTTPS in your location bar means the page
you're on is secure.  In the case of the site you gave, the form itself is
submitting to an HTTPS page, so that data is sent with a request to a
secure server, after that new secure connection is established.  It's
usually more satisfying for people if they can already see the lock icon
in their browser when typing it in, but it really doesn't have much to do
with it.
-N