Ted Roche wrote:

I always thought that you needed to be using an https:// page before sending user names and passwords to log in. My credit union claims this isn't true, and that since clicking the signon button takes you to an SSL page, the information typed in is transmitted securely. I have my doubts. Here's a portion of their claim, from the front page of http://www.navyfcu.org. I'd welcome opinions.

Their login form is within a '<form name="logon" method=post action="https://myaccounts.navyfcu.org/cgi-bin/ifsewwwc?Logon"; ...>'. Since they are POSTing to an HTTPS site, then the password will go over a SSL connection.

--Bruce