Hah, you say those things like we have a linux mail server. Sadly, we use Ipswitch Imail (I know, I know)

It sounds to me like your poor mail server is costing your company lots of money. Down 50 times and customer communication keeps getting screwed up - put a number next to that. Then put a number next to 10 hours of Travis's time setting up a good mailserver.

Yah, well.. The problem is it's retardadly easy to setup. That's why we also still have a Windows DNS server. Luckally that's being phased out by the end of next month.

The problem was before the "other techs" were hired (me, the somerville tech, and the tech manager) if something went wrong and the CTO wasn't around, then it was up to the CEO to fix the issues. He's not the most technical guy.

Having him edit some etc/ file, or edit a zone file for a customer would have been a disaster.

The other issue now is that other employees (sales and accounting) are so used to the webmail interface that they use exclusively that any change and they freak out.

When we upgraded to the newest version of imail they changed the webmail interface and we went through weeks of "but this is different".

What I'm hoping to do is setup something in tandem where mail gets delivered to the new server and gets passed on to imail, then when I'm ready I can just "flip a switch". Lack of spare hardware is a problem for this, as is the need for something with a lot of the same features. OpenGroupware looks good, but I have never used it. Then there's the whole retraining part of it.