Just because *you* don't see the fear doesn't mean that there exists
fear and that this fear might be justified.

You've made a value judgement here; other people might come to
different conclusions.

That's fine, but even after reading the site (overview and FAQ). I don't see how a glorified UPC code that basically transmits a barcode number via radio waves is a threat.

Even more so if it's on the box that usually gets thrown out.

Considering what other devices use barcodes and that actually have valuable data that can be stolen and reused (EZ-Pass, car keys, Speedpass). I don't see the big deal with a RFID on a box for inventory tracking.

Please, explain to me how this is a threat.