I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure soething out.

I have a relatively new machine that pauses for 20-120 seconds between SYN/ACK and issuing the banner on all TCP connections. This has been verified by several other systems connecting and using both windows and Linux.

The machine is running Mandriva 2006, but so are three other machines on the network and none of them have this problem. All the xinetd settings are identical, as are resolv.conf. ps and top show nothing going on... just a pause of usually 20 seconds per tcp connection.

Anyone know where I might look to find out what is causing this?
TIA,

Brian