On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 14:35 -0500, Ed Lawson wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 13:53:30 -0500
> Ted Roche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > "New Potential Legislation
> > An Act establishing a committee to study requiring NH state
> > government to consider using open source software when
> acquiring new
> > software has been introduced.
>
> Hopefully this will pass

I kicked out an email to the Lebanon reps and got a phone call back from
Laurie Harding who is on the legislative committee considering the bill.
She asked me to produce a write-up providing some background
information.  I plan to steal ideas and bullet points from the DLSLUG
library book, "Succeeding with Open Source".  However, I suspect another
issue is the RFP process commonly used for government purchases.  Many
open source projects have no sales or marketing arm to deal with an RFP.
Does anyone know if that really is an obstacle to getting open source to
be considered in government?

Also, Susan Almy replied to my email and said that Charlotte Quimby of
Plainfield is also on the legislative committee.

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp.

voice:  603-653-8139