Jeff Kinz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I just experienced an interesting incident involving information
> security practices.
>
> At a client's organization I recently, and very gently, urged a DBA to
> stop their practice of recycling the printouts from test runs of certain
> reports.
>
> These test runs were huge so it's understandable that they didn't want to
> just throw away all the paper.  But these reports contained ALL the
> confidential information about their clients.

Exactly how hard is it to run it through a shredder, *then* recycle it?

Sure, if one side is blank, then you've wasted one potential use.  The
cure for that is 4 or 8 up, duplex as the default setting on *all*
your printers.  If they need to print something out all pretty and
nice on 1-up, single sided, make them beg for it!
--

Seeya,
Paul "Have you hugged a tree today?"