Oh, but what do I know about image and marketing? I'm just a lowly software engineer after all...

Heh, that reminds me of back when I worked at BURST! Meida, they had an add campaign that played on WBCN looking for new tech people. It was -HORRIBLE-. Nobody in the tech department even knew about it until we heard them on the air.

A few days later the CTO came up and asked us what we thought, we all told them they were crap (with the exception of the one suckup that said they were great). The HR guy that did them and got them on the air got fired, they got -ZERO- responses.

I wish I could remember the dialog.