On Wednesday 01 March 2006 05:02 pm, Bill McGonigle wrote:
> If you find a clear winner please report back - I see this wheel
> reinvented repeatedly.

Unfortunately, I haven't found any clear winners by far.  It doesn't seem that
any of the tools out there are specifically for managing an inventory.
Perhaps I'll be another to reinvent the wheel again down the road.  Most of
the implementations I've found are hindered by database structures where they
just won't allow an arbitrary set of attributes for items in the inventory.
I'd love to have found one that would work with just a small adjustment, but
it's just not feasible without a ground-up implementation I guess.

Enetman was the closest I found to what I wanted, but only because it allowed
a bunch of the attributes that I was looking for, though not all.  I could
almost have made it work, but it kept making Firefox crash, so I just won't
bother.
-Neil