Cole Tuininga wrote:
On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 09:18 -0500, Kevin D. Clark wrote:

I get audio, but all I see for video is a black
window.  I'm using mplayer, because this seems to work better than
totem.

My own personal experience has been that I have the best luck of all
with the player "xine".

Got it.  Either of these works pretty well:

        xine -V xshm valles3d.mpg
        mplayer -vo x11 valles3d.mpg

I haven't had a lot of luck with other video output drivers, although using the OpenGL driver is almost acceptable.

Cool.  Thanks for reminding me about xine.

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E                     And the madness of the crowd
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                     Is an epileptic fit