Bill Ricker writes:

> The Great Circle GC library works nicely to debug memory leaks, but
> their platform/distribution left us. I forget the name of the tool
> we're using on AIX now; Purify from IBM/Rational is a top drawer tool
> that I've used in the past on other projects for this and some other
> things. See http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6556 for mini-reviews
> in leak-plugging.

I *HIGHLY* recommend Valgrind for memory leak detection.  It supports
C++ name mangling, and works on multithreaded code.

I've used a large variety of memory checking tools over the years;
Valgrind is one of the very best.  The designers of this tool are
geniuses.

Regards,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E                     And the madness of the crowd
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                     Is an epileptic fit