On Tuesday 28 March 2006 01:57 pm, Drew Van Zandt wrote:
> Oh, that dodge also brings this to mind...
>
> http://www.servercase.com/miva/miva?/Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=PROD&Stor
>e_Code=SC&Product_Code=CK147&Category_Code=1UE
>
> Neat, eh?

Definitely has neato factor, but not much utility.  A single, even just
reasonably powerful, server in that box would outperform that by far and you
could run several virtual machines in it to get the "multiple machine" feel.
I've been playing with Xen a bunch lately and it's proven quite flexible and
powerful.  You could get a typical 1U server with dual procs or something and
RAID together two hard drives, and then run 4 or more virtual machines that
would each outperform those two ITX platforms.
-N