Peggy Harris wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.... I'm assuming that it won't boot off the CD, since I remember the complicated way I had to get Windows on it way back when I actively used this machine. But, I'll try the kit I just built and let you know. Also, I appreciate the pointer to the distributions that work well on old machines... I think I may try DSL once I figure out the best way to get this system loaded.

Another option, which I've used in a past similar circumstance, was to remove the hard drive from the laptop, connect it to a standard desktop using a 2.5" to 3.5" IDE adaptor, install on the desktop, reinstall the harddrive back in the laptop and then redetect the hardware configuration there.

--
Dan Jenkins ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Rastech Inc., Bedford, NH, USA --- 1-603-206-9951