Where I'm working we have a Netgear router attached to the DSL modem,
to which all the wired users are connected, with NAT and DHCP serving
up 192.168.0.xxx addresses.

One of the things wired to the Netgear is the "internet" port of a
Linksys wireless-G router (probably too new to install Linux on it),
which serves up a wireless network on 192.168.1.xxx.

This works pretty well.  Everyone can get to the internet.  The local
print server/disk server is on the wired network, so everyone can use
it.  Folks on the wired network can access services running on wired
machines.

But, of course, folks on the wired network can't access services on
machines connected to the Linksys (even using a wired connection to
it).  The trouble is that we would like to offer the latest development
version of our web app running on our wireless development machines to
the marketing folks on the wired network.

Sure, it's easy to configure a particular port accessed at the "internet"
port of the Linksys to go to a specific machine on the wireless network,
but we would like to have multiple marketing folks able to access multiple
developer's machine's servers.  And we don't want to re-configure the
router everytime we want to change who serves what.  And spur of the
moment instigation of an ssh session from a marketing machine to a specific
developer machine is desired.

I think that what I need to do is disable NAT and firewall on the Linksys.
(We would still be protected from the internet by the firewall in the
Netgear.)  If that's possible.  Then would I be able to configure the
Netgear's DHCP server to tell the wired folks to route to 192.168.1 via
the IP that the Linksys has on the 192.168.0 network?  Or woould it be
possible to hide the static route from 192.168.0 to 192.168.1 entirely
in the Netgear's internal routing rules?  (The wireless folks already
go to the Linksys for routing to 192.168.0, since it's not within their
local network's netmask.)  Or am I likely to have to hand configure all
the wired guys with a static route to 192.168.1?

Or I guess I might be able to connect the routers via downstream ports on
both, using a cross over cable.  Then I either need to disable DHCP on
the Linksys (that I'm sure that I can do), or arrange for both DHCP servers
to specify a 255.255.254.0 netmask, and the Netgear as the router to the
internet.  (I'd actually like to keep the wireless guys with 192.168.1
addresses and the wired guys with 192.168.0 addesses, but this is a much
softer requirement.)

I'd appreciate comments and (some of the) suggestions.

Bill