One of the things wired to the Netgear is the "internet" port of a
Linksys wireless-G router (probably too new to install Linux on it),
which serves up a wireless network on 192.168.1.xxx.

I would check the dd-wrt website and see if you can install linux on it, you might luck out.

What I would do is find a linksys G router that you can install dd-wrt on (if this one turns out to be one you can't).

You never said anything about the netgear, if it's a small one similar to the linksys I would replace the netgear with a dd-wrt linksys and put the wireless on the DMZ and do it that way.

Just a thought anyway. Might be worth it in time savings. The other option if the netgear supports a DMZ port is to put the linksys in bridge mode and hang it off the DMZ port on the netgear.