On 11/10/06, Thomas Charron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 11/10/06, Paul Lussier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dave Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> That's probably fine for a backend, but may be a bit slow for decoding
> for the frontend.  I've noticed cpu power requirements for playing
> are perportional to the bitrate of the MPEG2 so you can always crank
> down the bitrate setting when recording to find what it can handle.
But wouldn't the 350 be able to handle that decoding for me?  That's
why I was thinking of getting that card, it can do both.

  Correct.  Either that or one of the Via EPIA boards can use hardware decoding.

  I happened to have it bookmarked, so in case you haven't read it yet, check out this part of the howto.

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-3.html

  Thomas