On 1/7/07, Michael ODonnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Despite the Subject: line the OP's examples
never illustrated any inability to foreground his Emacs process.

 Hmmm, but he did imply that he was unable to foreground it.  You
suppose it was just a brain fart, and the OP never actually tried the
"fg" command?  Mr. OP, can you comment?

Ben is understandably puzzled by that in light of the fact that it *is*
still possible to send SIGCONT to that process to foreground it.

 Yah.  That.  :)

BTW, when you execute a program using sudo it is not the case
that sudo is executing simultaneously with that program.

 Oops, you're right.  I was ass-uming that sudo used system() or some
other variant of fork()/exec()/wait() in order to keep track of when a
sudo'ed process exits, but I see now that it does not.

-- Ben