On Feb 7, 2007, at 10:22, Paul Lussier wrote:

Didn't RedHat spell it 'httpd' at one point?

It's always been spelled 'httpd'. I seem to remember UIUC installing theirs in /usr/local/etc/httpd . Over the years most of mine lived at /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd until it got modular and Redhat started packaging all the useful modules and I could abandon my in- house scripts (that took a day to figure out) to compile apache with *three* foreign modules. Back in the days on the mod_perl list the first question was always, "are you using redhat's mod_perl"? They've done a tremendous job at least since the Fedora line began.

I used to be able to 'ps ax | grep apache' because of pathing - with Redhat's in /usr/sbin/httpd you can't do that anymore - maybe that's what you're recalling.

-Bill

-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Cell: 603.252.2606
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/