Paul Lussier wrote:
"Ken D'Ambrosio" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

1) 32-bit is "good enough," since the single largest impact it'll have on
most applications at this particular time is simply address space... and
most people are content with <4 GB at this particular juncture.

My question is "Why has this remained so for so long?" There's this
theory of "Build it and they will come".  We see this in so many other
market segments, why not here?  For example, buy a new file server
today with 1TB of useable space, doubling the amount of space you
already have, and within 6 months to a year, it'll be full.

Some thoughts on this topic by Eric Raymond here, in the broader context of "What will be the dominant 64-bit OS":
http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/world-domination/world-domination-201.html

Kent