"Ben Scott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>   Why does everything have to suck so much?

Because, by and large, everything comes down to minimizing costs and
maximizing profits. Even FOSS isn't free of this, there's no money
paying for good UI design, so FOSS developers design with
ease-of-coding in mind instead.  As a result, the
end-user-who-is-not-a-geek asks "Why does free stuff suck so much?"

Basically, we all want everything for nothing and demand it be perfect.
But we'll settle for it to just not suck :)

--
Seeya,
Paul